The #ReimagineFORUM @ Discipleship.Network

Equipping Your Reimagine Journey

Eph 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on
praying for all the saints.

Rom 8:15-17 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we
cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit
that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of
God and co-heirs with Christ,

Gal 4:6-7 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you
are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you
also an heir.

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";color:black;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">Well, I’ve tried everything
else I guess it’s time to pray. Oh how we hurt others and ourselves when we
fail to make prayer, serious Spirit-seeking prayer, the FIRST order of
business. God will answer and He is always faithful. After all, if we belong to
Him we are His children and a parent looks out for their kids. Maybe the problem
with us is that we expect Him to answer exactly the way we want. Sometimes He
does, but sometimes He has another plan. What we have to remember is that it is
all about Him. Once we arrive at that point in our relationship with this great
and mighty God who allowed His own Son to suffer and die for us, we will
experience the peace and joy that whatever His response we will know it is
right, it is for our good and it is for His glory. Paul offers a solution for
those times when we don’t know how or what to pray,
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself
intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
(Rom 8:26) Bottom line, the answer is PRAY!

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lord teach me how to pray !!

Thanks for sharing. Very good and encouraging thoughts. My experience shows that without faithful, day-by-day commitment to prayer at a certain time and a certain place (the best time and place is arafel), no matter what season, weather, geographical location, time zone and my personal condition is, there is a little (if any) progress in relationships between me and my Lord (I put it in this order intentionally). He has given His Begotten Son already for me to receive once the salvation from sin and death, thus how He relates to me is clear. What is not clear, as I see it, is how I relate to Him and His sacrifice.

It's not easy for me every time to see what He wants me to do and how He wants me to pray, and this is to say that I walk with Him for more than 20 years. It may well be only my case, but what I hear from brothers and sisters in Christ, convince me, that it's not about me only. So, at some point I couldn't not realize, that I need more of the Lord than I had. And the only place I was able to find for it is faithful daily prayer, again I say -- every day at the same time and at the same place, no matter what. It's killing experience, by the way, to keep a word given. So, after almost 14 years of doing so, now I know of what I made, who I am, how I relate to my Lord and what's more important, I know better what He wants of me and how He relates to me.

I can't say that a percentage of exact answers to my prayer has grown dramatically since the moment I've began this prayer journey. I simply cannot judge it, He knows what He does, where, how and for what. But for sure I can say that the prayer for me now is not an obligation or required activity, not an instrument of receiving from God something that I think is appropriate for a certain context, not a matter of an impact on a situation or the way of solving problems. Yes, all these included, but not the first and the foremost in my understanding of prayer  now. What's more important for me is that the prayer is my life (no more, no less) and I have everything through the prayer. And detailed, almost daily report for these words (however it may seem impossible for the one) can be given.

To God be the glory for the prayer!

In thanksgiving prayer for Navigators Prayer and Discipleship networks,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Blog Posts

Count Your Blessings Daily

Posted by Margie Williamson on November 3, 2011 at 10:33am — 39 Comments

Understanding Discipleship

Posted by Margie Williamson on October 23, 2010 at 2:30pm — 16 Comments

Make disciples