The #ReimagineFORUM @ Discipleship.Network

Equipping Your Reimagine Journey

In my hunger for becoming a disciplemaker, I found Dallas Willard's The Great Omission written in 2006. He says "I often tell people I can give them one verse that is worth more than any college education, and it is Joshua 1:8. It will guarantee them the life that they only dimly dream to be possible."

I thought this was a great way for me to make disciples, especially since I work for a college!

So I made Joshua 1:8 my memory verse for this week.

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

Do you have any thoughtprovoking verses like Joshua 1:8 that I can focus on this week?

Tom

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The mystery of which was hidden for ages and generations [from angels and men], but is now revealed to His holy people (the saints), To whom God was pleased to make known how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ within and among you, the Hope of [realizing the] glory. (Colossians 1:26-27 AMP) These verses have become precious to me for several years.

I think a great companion verse is Ezra 7:10: "For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the Lord and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules to Israel." We might consider Joshua 1:8 to be the vision statement for every believer and Ezra 7:10 to be the mission statement that defines how the vision is accompished: study, do, teach.

Nice to see this discussion continuing. Very insightful observation Paul especially since Ezra is one of the books that doesn't call a lot of attention to itself.

If one understands the historical context behind Mt. 18:2o then he will begin to understand much of scripture.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Blog Posts

Count Your Blessings Daily

Posted by Margie Williamson on November 3, 2011 at 10:33am — 39 Comments

Understanding Discipleship

Posted by Margie Williamson on October 23, 2010 at 2:30pm — 16 Comments

Make disciples

Who Make Disciples

Who Love God