Being & Building Followers & Friends of Jesus
Vonda Skelton, Christian author and speaker, begins every November by listing 5 blessings in her life daily. The challenge is that once a blessing has been listed, it cannot be listed again before Thanksgiving. The first days are the easy ones . . . the blessings that are so visible that they sometimes block out the others. It's a great challenge that I can't live up to daily.
But I can revisit it often so I don't lose sight of what God is doing in my life. Will you join me? I offer two ways. You can just comment below with your list of blessings, daily or periodically, during the month. Or, especially if you're a blogger, you can blog about those blessings.
My first listing is below and I want to focus on the people God has brought into my life:
1. My husband, a godly man, loving husband, incredible father and grandfather
2. My son who has grown into a strong man who cares for others and willingly puts his life on the line for others through his work as a fireman
3. My daughter who has become an incredibly strong young woman as she has found her identity in Christ and her call to work in missional areas others try not to notice
4. My son-in-law who totally loves the Lord and my daughter, in that order, who is on journey with God
5. My son's new family, although not yet official, that has brought joy into our lives.
Where do you want to start?