Discipleship.Network

Being & Building Followers & Friends of Jesus

Why does the Church?

Why do Pastors ... Church Leaders ...

Small Group Directors ... Youth/Children Workers ... ?

need to reimagine discipleship?

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phil,

Note the reply immediately above was to your comment on your hope for Evangelism.

Phil Miglioratti said:

From Sammy Tippit:

I don't know if you are interested in this, but here is the greatest movement of discipleship/evangelism that I've come across. We are planning a major discipleship/evangelism outreach in 2020. Here is a link of a video that I've made about it.

I seem to be drawn more to little things.  It just seems to be the logical place to start.

https://vimeo.com/336485968

Sammy Tippit

Got it.

please explain “emanates from poverty”

thx

Richard H. Skiba, Jr. said:

Phil Miglioratti said:

From Sammy Tippit:

I don't know if you are interested in this, but here is the greatest movement of discipleship/evangelism that I've come across. We are planning a major discipleship/evangelism outreach in 2020. Here is a link of a video that I've made about it.

I seem to be drawn more to little things.  It just seems to be the logical place to start.

Sammy Tippit

Phil Miglioratti said:

Got it.

please explain “emanates from poverty”

Jesus' Evangelism did not emerge or come forth (emanate) from worldly wealth. This is the Evangelical Discipleship Model He Gave to His Disciples (Mark 6:7-13) and to us.

I don't want to list names, but a number of the most noted Evangelists in America also have/had substantial worldly wealth. The examination being spoken of in the chat posts is the effect of the perception of Evangelistic wealth.

Consider:

Does Evangelistic wealth have a (____ positive ____ negative) effect on discipling "those not yet aware they are Found?"

Has the handling of wealth by noted Evangelists had a (____ positive ____ negative) effect on discipling "those not yet aware they are Found?"

thx

Richard H. Skiba, Jr. said:

Phil Miglioratti said:

From Sammy Tippit:

Sammy Tippit

In our weakness, he is strong... am I understanding?

In our weakness He is Strong.  Absolutely.

In wealth, men do not realize they are weak, thus He cannot make wealthy men strong.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Blog Posts

From Church Culture to Mission Culture

Posted by Mark A. Pomeroy on June 16, 2019 at 7:38pm

And You Think YOU Have a Crazy Family Tree?

Posted by Jim Buchan on June 16, 2019 at 4:52am

Intentional Grandparenting: What? Why? How?

Posted by Skip Garmo on June 11, 2019 at 6:41pm

Make disciples

Who Make Disciples

Who Love God

&

Love Neighbors >>>

© 2019   Created by Network Creator / Coordinator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service